Alamo Ranch is the sixth top selling master-planned community in the U.S., according to a report by John Burns Real Estate Consulting LLC.
The far west side community sold 600 homes in 2013 and 585 homes in 2014. Because the community is still growing and kept its net sales high, Alamo Ranch moved up from the No. 10 spot last year.
Alamo Ranch is a large community of more than 3,000 acres located by Loop 1604, State Highway 151 and Culebra Road. The developer of Alamo Ranch is locally based Galo Properties, which broke ground on the project in 2006.
Like most master-planned communities across the U.S., Alamo Ranch saw a slight dip in home sales. The Irving, Calif.-based real estate consulting company said overall, fewer homes in master-planned communities across America sold this year compared to last year either because there were delays in lot availability or because those communities are close to being built out. The top 20 communities in the U.S. had a 12 percent drop in year-over-year net sales, the report showed, from 15,338 to 13,200.
Houston had the most top-selling master-planned communities on the list. Those communities included Riverstone, Aliana, The Woodlands, Cinco Ranch, Wildwood at North Pointe, Woodforest and Cross Creek Ranch. For a full list of top selling communities, look at the chart below.
Alamo Ranch, San Antonio Real Estate Listings
Active Listings in Alamo Ranch, San Antonio
- 12110 HARRIS HAWK San Antonio, TX 78253
- 13219 Panhandle Cove San Antonio, TX 78253
- 11831 Elijah Stapp San Antonio, TX 78253
- 5803 CEDAR HILL WAY San Antonio, TX 78253
- 4526 AMOS POLLARD San Antonio, TX 78253
- 3510 Ochiltree Trail San Antonio, TX 78253
- 12530 Magnolia Spring San Antonio, TX 78253
- 5302 ANGEL SERGIO San Antonio, TX 78253
- 12415 ALSTROEMERIA San Antonio, TX 78253
Posted on July 27, 2015 at 12:04 pm by Sonia Flores